It’s about the time of year that the joyous Easter Bunny comes to our home, along with 10 packages from the grandparents loaded with chocolate, jelly beans, and the dreadful peeps that no one eats but likes to watch blow up in the microwave. This year I’ve decided that the Easter Bunny will be leaving baskets for the kiddos, with NO candy…That’s right-you heard me…NO CANDY…(well, maybe one Reese’s peanut butter egg to give to his mom). What could possibly be put into an Easter basket instead of candy?!
I’ve compiled a list of my favorite Easter Basket items for my tween son, that I think you’d be able to use for your kids too! (We will have enough candy in our egg hunt outside and being shipped from down south where the grandparents live), we don’t need anymore! In fact, I’m pretty sure we still have candy from LAST Easter in the cabinets. Yikes!
Here’s my Top 10 Easter Basket Items for a Tween Boy:
- Baseball Hat ( Fortunately for us, baseball season is upon us and we can load an Easter Basket up with all things they’ll need for baseball. Try to find a hat from their favorite team, like this from Dick’s Sporting Goods. Dick’s online shopping has every team imaginable!
- Boys’ Body Spray– I think of this as the pre-cologne. I refuse to say that my ten year old is ready for a serious cologne, as he hasn’t hit puberty yet and has no nasty boy odors to cover up…but he has mentioned a girlfriend and has asked his dad for a spray of cologne before going rollerskating (haha!) I think this is the perfect small spray to make him feel like he’s Mr. Cool at the skating rink.
- A Tween-friendly Book: Most tweens are “too cool” to read cute little Easter books that the bunny delivers, but leaving one that appeals to them might get in some extra reading time at night!
- Baseball Glove: Again, baseball season. (See #1!)
- Socks: My son swears by these comfy Puma brand socks, and sweaty, dirty, tween boys could always use socks, right?!
- Sunglasses: Can’t go wrong with a pair of sunglasses in the beginning of Spring and summer! The linked ones are for baseball, but any cheapy sunglasses would work too!
- Headphones: According to my son, these headsets are prime material when video game playing. ( I tried to link the cheapest, most decent pair), but any headphones would do! Even for listening to music, or ignoring parents…whatever the use is for. Tweens love having things they can pretend not to hear us with!
- Pool Toys: Any pool toys would work for this, I linked the diving torpedos for you because my boys have the most fun with them!
- Swimsuit: I’ve linked the one I bought for my son this year- we love it and it changes pattern in the water!
- Camp Necessities: Our son heads off to summer camp in couple months, and this is the perfect opportunity to get him the things he needs for camp anyway. Throw in a water bottle, flashlight, sunscreen, all the camp necessities!
Hopefully this list made Easter shopping a little easier for your little boy who’s 10 going on 18! If you use any of these ideas, leave me a comment below and let me know if your kids liked them!
This is part of a Easter Blog Hop with a few of my blogger friends who have also posted some great Easter basket ideas for friends, children, neighbors, and so on! Be sure to check them out when you’re done reading here!